North Barrington

North Barrington is a village located in Lake County, Illinois. It has a population of 3,171 people. The community is very diverse and offers residents a wide range of activities and attractions. Residents are friendly and welcoming, and the village is ideal for families. There are also a variety of local organizations that support the community. More

The most common industries in North Barrington are Health Care & Social Assistance, Manufacturing, and Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services. These three employment sectors make up the majority of the local economy. The percentage of households in each industry varies, but the following chart reveals the breakdown of car ownership in the city. The largest share of households in North Barrington, IL own two or more cars.

The town was incorporated in 1959 with the incorporation of Lake Barrington. In the 1960s, North Barrington had about 2,500 residents. At that time, the population density of the community was lower than the average Chicago city. Because of its small size, North Barrington had to hire private contractors to provide fire and police services. In recent years, the village has made efforts to expand its residential tax base. The village has since approved plans for an upscale shopping center located east of Rand Road and north of Lake Zurich. However, these plans have been controversial with long-time residents. The town has also fought to limit the number of cellular telephone towers. A fantastic read

North Barrington, IL is home to a large military population. The city is located along Lake Michigan in Northeastern Illinois. The city has a mild climate. The coldest month is January. In contrast, the warmest months are June and September. If you are planning a road trip, you can visit a nearby city.

The town's median household income is $197,188. Nearly 90% of its residents are American citizens. The other 10% live in foreign countries. The median age of residents is 49.3 years. North Barrington, IL has a diverse population. The most common ethnic group is White (Non-Hispanic), followed by Asian (Non-Hispanic), and Black or African American (Non-Hispanic).

North Barrington is located in Lake County, Illinois. It is a village with a population of 3,171 people. Its population is growing at a rate of 0.38% each year and is the 8552nd largest city in the United States. The population density in the city is 682 people per square mile.

The first homes in North Barrington were built around 1857. They include the Kimberly House, Old Barrington Road, and the Kuhlman House. These homes were visited by President Theodore Roosevelt, who was a cousin of Kimberlys. The natural beauty of the area was a big draw for residents. In 1926, the first subdivision of the area around Honey Lake took place. This was followed by the development of the Biltmore Country Estates, which included the famous Biltmore Country Club.

The Wynstone land in North Barrington was purchased by the village in an effort to prevent the expansion of Lake Zurich. The plan was to turn the Wynstone property into a residential area and exclusive golf course. The plan was accepted and the residential area grew quickly. The community's quality of life is high and there are plenty of activities available year-round.


Point of Interest #1 Skopek Orthodontics, 110 S Wynstone Park Dr #6980, North Barrington, IL 60010

Point of Interest #2 Winters and Company, LLC, 108 S Wynstone Park Dr, North Barrington, IL 60010

Point of Interest #3 Kelleher + Holland, LLC, 102 S Wynstone Park Dr, North Barrington, IL 60010

Call Today to Enjoy Expert Craftsmanship

Contact Barrington Roof Doctors, Inc., today for hitch-free roof repair and installation. We are the roofing contractor to trust for a roof that will last decades. Call (847) 404-9801 to book your free inspection in or around Barrington, IL.

Connect with Us

Check out our social pages or our reviews page for updates on what we have going on!

Contact Us

  • Barrington Roof Doctors, Inc.
  • North Barrington, IL 60010
  • Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 5:00pm
  • Saturday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
Scroll to Top